Gas Heat Pump VRF (GHP)
Yanmar GHP VRF
Cooling Capacity - 14 to 85KW
Heating Capacity - 14 to 85KW
- Gas engine driven compressor: The Gas Driven VRF systems are available in sizes ranging from 14kW to 85kW condensers, with some models available in 3 pipe (heat recovery) configuration. These reverse cycle air-conditioning systems use a gas engine to drive the compressor rather than an electric motor. Consequently, the condensers are a Gas Heat Pump, often simply referred to as a GHP.
- Electrical load slashed: The electrical load from condensers is reduced by around 90% and they don’t require three phase power. A Yanmar 85 kW condenser has a running current of only 8 amps, single phase.
- Low noise: A key advantage of these gas powered models is their quiet operation, which certainly helps to keep neighbours on side. A Yanmar 85 kW condenser operates at 62 dBA.
- Superior performance: While the cooling performance of the gas model is the same as an equivalent sized electric model, it offers superior heating performance in frosty weather by using heat from the engine to avoid the de-icing cycles often needed with electric models. There is no loss in heating performance down to minus 10 degrees c.
- Scalability: Yanmar’s Gas Driven VRF systems come in a range of sizes to suit anything from a small group of offices up to a 14 storey building.
- Hot water supply: Selected models in the range, produce hot water by utilising the gas engine’s waste heat when the air conditioner is in cooling mode.
- Cost efficiency: Yanmar’s Gas Driven VRF systems also provide clients with potential for significant running cost savings. Naturally, the running costs will depend on the current gas and electricity costs at each site.
- Green credentials: Using gas rather than electricity to drive the compressor could also reduce Greenhouse Gas emissions generated by the operation of the condenser.
- Proven Performance: Yanmar, a market leader, was one of the first companies to manufacture the Gas Driven VRF systems 20 years ago. Today there are more than 500,000 gas driven systems installed in commercial buildings throughout Japan.
Sign up to our e-newsletter to receive information on the latest products and offers.